Sunday, January 7, 2007

Purpose of This Blog

After Richardson's book, I read Classroom Blogging: A Teacher's Guide to the Blogosphere by David F. Warlick. I didn't find it as useful, but it also helped inspire me to start this blog. I'm planning to use it to keep a record of my reading and ideas relating to my teaching, mostly writing but also some math.

More recently I read Wikis: Tools for Information Work And Collaboration by Jane Klobas and others. It's a great reference to have on hand; unfortunately, it costs almost $60, so I had to settle for checking it out of the library, though I would like to own a copy. The authors created a wiki to accompany the book. It includes an overview of the book and a page for each chapter. I just wish it provided more information, especially the links in the book.