Sunday, August 5, 2007

SL-NET Meetings

I think both meetings of SL-NET (Second Life - Networking Education and Technology) this last week went pretty well. I took the snapshot at the brainstorming session Wednesday night. People had a chance to meet and discuss topics of interest. One thing that came out of the meetings was an enthusiastic group of members interested in effective practices using SL and other technology. I hope to see some interesting things come from them.

Nearly twice as many people as I expected showed up for the organizing committee meeting on Friday. I think we got a lot done, but it's really hit home how different holding a meeting is in SL compared to RL. I'm waiting for reports from some of the committee chairs before I send out a report.

I wasn't able to take any snapshots at the meeting Friday. However, Topher Zwiers did, and he's posted about the meeting on his blog. There's a link to more pictures near the end of his post.